Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Van Bommel unhappy with offer

Bayern Munich captain Mark van Bommel has admitted that he is unhappy with the club's offer of a one-year contract extension.

Speaking at the Bundesliga champions' winter training camp in Dubai, van Bommel hinted that he could now leave the Allianz Arena in the summer.

"I have asked for time to think things over until the end of January - and I intend to do just that," the Dutchman told Bild am Sonntag.

"There is a tendency, but I don't want to say more about it at the moment.

"I would like to stay, but one year is not much for a player who will be 32 soon.

"Therefore I am unhappy with the offer. My wishes are quite different."

Van Bommel, who has been linked to a move to Bundesliga rivals Hamburg, admitted that he had yet to receive offers from elsewhere.

"But clubs don't yet know that I might be up for grabs. When they do, I'm sure a few will be in touch," he said.

Mark van Bommel Bayern Munich

No comments:

Post a Comment